Monday, September 14, 2015

Hilik Hostel, your Home in Makati.

On my last stay at Manila, Hilik Botique Hostel was my home. It wasn't my first time to be on the place, I already once was there but only as a visitor. The first time I saw the place, I couldn't imagine myself staying there because I'm not ok with the idea that you would be sharing a room with strangers and the CR was a commonal. On my last stay in Manila, I gave it try (because I could save more if I would stay there instead of staying in a Hotel) and I'm already expecting that I would regret it. But then it wasn't how I expected it to be.

Makati Avenue
Hilik Hostel Living Room
6-Bed Room
The place was giving a me Dormitory feeling, it made me remember my college days wherein, the place is like your home you could do whatever you want. The room sharing with strangers wasn't really bad after all, it gives you the opportunity to make friends and talk with strangers (you don't have to worry with your personal belongings because you have your own Locker). The place is ideal for groups, it would be better if the whole group would occupy the whole room, the bigger the group, the cheaper the room (and of course merrier, the maximum number is 8). But most of those who stay there are travelling alone and backpackers, mostly foreigners (in the room of 8, me and my friend were the only Filipinos) and I find it amusing talking to them. The accommodation would come with a free breakfast (it's the same everyday, 3 loaves of bread, a scrambled egg a banana and a coffee or tea). The mineral water is unlimited,and juice of different flavors is a drink all you can. It maybe is not the breakfast that we are expecting, it's my first time in a long time to have breakfast without rice, but surprisingly it was enough (or maybe because my stomach knows I'm on a tight budget). Food isn't really a problem, the Hostel is near to many different places where you could eat, to whatever budget you like to whatever food you wish and at nights the exact opposite empty lawn would transform into a huge place to party (except on Monday nights), no entrance fee you just have to buy something inside and you could stay there as long as you can (the 4-bed and 6-bed rooms I think are the rooms that are exactly opposite to the road and to that place, so you maybe can hear all the partying til dawn, so better go out and check the place).

Most of all, the staffs are so friendly they would try to provide whatever you need (Flat Iron, Photocopy  Machine, Desktop, Magazines, Board Games, Playing Cards etc.). For those like us who are complete strangers to the streets of Manila, they are so friendly enough to provide us instructions, what to look out what to be careful of.

The place is highly recommended, for an Accommodation around Makati City it's considered affordable (in comparison with Hotels in Makati). When asked where it's near: it's near A-Venue Mall and Barrio Fiesta in Makati Avenue. In doing reservations, do it directly because it becomes more expensive when you do it with a Travel Agency ( Details under).

Hilik Botique Hostel
2nd Floor Mavenue Building,
7844 Makati Avenue cor.Guerrero St.,
Makati City 1210, Philippines
Telefax:+63 2.2195821
Mobile:+63.999.768.4375
Email:hilikbotiquehostel@gmail.com
Website:www.hilikboutiquehostel.ph
FB:facebook.com/hilikboutiquehostel
Kristine M. Magalong (Managing Director) 

No comments:

Post a Comment