Sunday, September 6, 2015

Duetsch Goethe Zertifikat B2 (My Experience)

B2 Zertifikat
This post is intended for those who plan to take the Goethe B2 Exam. When I was about to take the exam, I was searching for some resources in the Internet but it was limited, in this post I'll be writing about my experience and maybe some tips and hopefully this could be of a little help.

At the start of the year, I already decided to take the B2 exam, because without it I couldn't apply for a working Visa. Although the exam, as how they describe it, is extremely difficult, my decision was final. I settled for the June schedule but then, Goethe Manila announced that they are not sure if they could push it through, which they eventually did and by that time, my thoughts were already on the August 12 schedule.

Before the previous year ended, I attended a B2 class with a very amazing teacher Julia Wagner, well amazing isn't enough to describe her, she acted more than a teacher, she is a friend who's willing to help us in almost all matters, I give her 70% of the reason why I passed the exam.

B1 and B2 Grammatik has no big difference, the B2 lessons are just reinforcement of what we have learned in B1 it's almost the same, what we need with B2 is a very broad Vocabulary and mastery of the language.We were utilizing the Aspekte B2 books, they say its outdated because there are now many newer B2 books, well it's still a compact and complete book but it's I think more TELC and OSD friendly, many of the exercises are patterned to those exams.

A month before the exam, we started with our intensive review, three times a week and we focused on the structure of the exam, it's like getting to know the exam, still with the help of our teacher. We were doing the Modelltests not only the Goethe Modelltests but also the TELC and the OSD exams.  I didn't had impressive Scores on our practice, it's either I am getting enough score to pass or 2-3 points short of the passing score. These results bothered me a lot but it didn't scare me. The Sprechen practice was very different from how we practiced it, before we took the B1 exam, we used many Redemitteln during the B1 exam but for the B2 exam we were taught to use our own words and 1-2 Redemitteln are enough, and if possible we must not write what we have to say. Short, conscise and simple thats what our teacher would always say.


No comments:

Post a Comment